28 DoBR: The Gashlycrumb Tinies by Edward Gorey
This is a darker entry and it’s a children’s book. I was looking up artist in the middle of the night some time back and came across Gorey. I love his style and he’s become one of my favorite artists. I had seen little gifs of his work that had come alive on the internet, but none of them credited the artist. It was after I found out about Gorey that I connected the dots. The Gashlycrumb Tinies is a book he illustrated about the…well the journey each child had taken.
A new, small-format edition of one of Edward Gorey’s “dark masterpieces of surreal morality” (Vanity Fair): a witty, disquieting journey through the alphabet.
Published by Author L. Bachman
I'm an award-winning and bestselling author, artist, and soon to be a published poet! View all posts by Author L. Bachman
- Glenn Faist on Introducing Story Time
- Vincenza Slomka on The Word: 12 Tips to Help Writers Write/Reduce Frustrations
- Jamel Codner on The Word: An in-depth look behind independent publishers w/Edd Sowder from Burning Willow Press
- Brittney Mursko on The Word: 12 Tips to Help Writers Write/Reduce Frustrations
- Tory Napier on Prompt-a-palooza: Week Eight