The Blasphemer Series is re-launching soon into the public realm with the re-release of the book Maxwell Demon, but what does that even mean for you the consumer? Why should you care? I have 10 reasons why you should be reading L. Bachman’s work and devouring Maxwell Demon when it goes live.
Why Buy And Read Maxwell Demon
- There’s a love story – Now, the series itself isn’t centered on a love story or several, but the a central plot is the love story of a fallen angel, Maxwell, and the first woman ever created, the ‘Adama’ named Lilith. Considered ‘the oldest love story’.
- Something for Everyone – Though The Blasphemer Series is considered overall horror and urban fantasy it has attracted many readers from other genre fandoms. Readers online have commented that it’s a ‘multi-genre’ series for anyone that loves mythical monsters from fairies to werewolves.
- Vampires, werewolves; oh my! – This series serves all kinds of monsters to readers that love them. Vampires, werewolves, angels, fallen angels, good witches, bad witches, The Lost Colony of Roanoke, dire werewolves, Ents, fairies, mythical legends, ghosts, demons, oracles, seers, spirits, hauntings, possessions, the boogeyman, a creature named Creature, and that’s just in the first two books of the series!
- Worlds within Worlds – The world of The Blasphemer isn’t a single dimensional world. Every major creature featured has a world and society it belongs. The vampires have their own ways in which they handle their own, the werewolves commune at a place in Alabama called Jackal Ridge, and so on. This gives the reader a better understanding the world of the characters are coming from and coming together in.
- Redemption – It has been commented that this is a beautifully written redemption story with Maxwell Demon not wanting to accept that he’s damned for what he feels are a few mistakes. He is stubborn to give up on himself and all of mankind.
- Not a Perfect World – The series isn’t made of a perfect world with perfect people and creatures. Everyone has flaws and every has good and bad in them, which makes for a realistic feel to the world and her characters.
- A different take on the paranormal genre – Reviewers have commented that it’s an interesting and unique take on the paranormal genre.
- Powerful story and sophisticated writing – Bachman’s style of writing has really left readers riveted and wanting more when this book was published.
- Well done battle scenes – The battle scenes are action packed and well written with a 3D aspect.
- Leaves you wanting more – Though this book could be read as a standalone it continues on in a series. Maxwell Demon is just the beginning.
Don’t trust the above list? Read what the reviewers have said themselves.
Why You Should Buy L. Bachman’s books
- Well-written and interesting stories – There are so many books to buy now. Many readers find themselves buying books that sound ideal, but are riddled with poor story-telling and poor written tales. L. Bachman’s work isn’t this. With review after review of happy readers loving her stories you should be one of them as well.
- She’s an award-winner – She’s been recognized for her story-telling abilities by winning an award for them. 2015 marks the beginning of many nominations in literature and by 2017 she had become an award-winner and bestselling author. She’s also been nominated for her artistic abilities too.
- She doesn’t just write horror – Though she is known for writing primarily in horror she has written in other genres. From dystopian and sci-fi stories have pleased readers.
- She’s established – Though you many not be familiar with her name or her work she’s been writing a very long time. She began writing as a kid and honed her craft, continues to take writing courses, and along the way she has helped others polish their skills.
- The details matter – With ever work she’s ever written the details have always mattered. From the location in which a character is placed to why the character does what they do there is a reason. She heavily researches every detail to make sure its accurate to the story she’s wanting to tell. She’s not a fly by night writer and it shows in her work.
- She writes from the heart – With her poetry she has admitted time and time again its some of her most emotionally raw work. She puts herself into each poem for therapeutic reasons, whether its rage or facing the utter bleakness of mortality she’s not afraid to share her story and how she feels about it.
- Passionate and Brought to Tears – She’s deeply passionate about her work. Listening to any of the media and one can easily hear it in her voice. She’s intelligent and passionate about writing and her stories. During a certain podcast the topic of writing brought her even to tears as she spoke about how it saved her life.
- Compared to some of the greats – Though L. Bachman has always said she just wanted to be her own writer and person she has been compared to some great minds. Edgar Allan Poe, Mary Shelly, Dean Koontz, and even John Saul.
- She’s active – With activity daily she gives readers and fans the ability to see inside her world. Offering up interviews, web shows, and podcast appearances you can see and hear the stories and about the work from her in person or recorded. You get to learn and follow her work knowing she is actively reading and responding.
- Readers love her – Readers often comment how they love her work. They have leave reviews complimenting her writing style, her sophisticated writing abilities, and talent. They also recognize the skill and talent she brings to every piece of her work whether its being applied to the story or to the work she does for herself and others.